Baby Loftin #2!




On August 1st, I had a strange feeling and bought an at home pregnancy test, and guess what it said?? "PREGNANT!" 
Ella and I spent the rest of the afternoon cuddling and playing and I cried and she laughed at me, literally, she thought I was hilarious. I cried because I wasn't exactly ready for this news although, I have been ready for baby #2 for a few months now! But reality hit, and I needed a moment to absorb it!

After I caught my breath (after a few prayers!!) I got out the trusty old chalkboard and started on the surprise for Nehemiah. He came home earlier than I expected, which was great because I needed him to know this news NOW! He sat down in the living room and immediately started talking about going to an LSU game this fall. We talked about it but I didn't think he was going to buy the tickets RIGHT THEN. Before I knew it he got up and grabbed his wallet. He started the ordering process and I said, "Can you just come look at something before you order the tickets?" He said he had 12 minutes before the tickets expired. So we walked to Ella's room and he stared at the chalkboard that I had leaning up against her crib. He read it a few times. Then finally looked at me with an extremely confused face and said, "what?" I just smiled. And his tickets totally expired, but don't you worry, we're still going to the LSU vs Ole Miss game on October 25th! haha

Surprisingly, we both adjusted really quickly to our exciting news. We have seen God take care of us throughout my first pregnancy and throughout Ella's first year. We know that God will continue to take care of us! We are so excited to have another sweet baby and see Ella interacting with him/her! (And we (mostly I) canNOT wait to find out if Baby L #2 is a boy or girl!!!) We already have our names picked out so we are so ready to put a name with our sweet baby!!

I really enjoyed blogging about my last pregnancy. It was such a fun way to document each phase and has really helped me remember details I know I would have forgotten. I am excited to do it again this time around and add in some Ella stories too!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts