Our Surprise


Nehemiah and I found out on February 1st, what I had suspected for a few weeks, that I am pregnant. 
Our baby is due September 29th, 2013.

When we first found out, we were SHOCKED. Which is a huge understatement. Completely overwhelmed with emotions. One being, embarrassment. Somehow, even after wanting kids my whole life, I was embarrassed. The realization that we had only been married for two months was breathtaking… and not in a romantic way.

Nehemiah and I have a wonderful marriage. We enjoy each other so much. But we’ve only been married for TWO months and we are still learning things about each other, marriage, running a house, finances, etc… How are we ready to have a child??

I was very selfish at first as well. I kept thinking of all the things I wanted to do before we had kids. Yes, we can still go on vacations and remodel our house once we have kids, but we won’t be so free to do it! We have to think about the baby now. Saving money is our number one priority right now. In 9 months our whole WORLD is going to change.

Then we realized something that we knew all along, but finally let it sink in. WE did NOT plan this, however; GOD DID. He knew exactly when he wanted us to have children. Apparently, this is the time he had planned for us! I know one thing; I’m excited to live out His plan for our marriage. This baby is not an accident, a surprise, yes. But not an accident!

Once we went to the doctor, told our family and friends, we started getting really excited! I mean, we’re going to have a baby! I LOVE babies!! Now we get our own baby!!! And I get to experience this with the man that God made for me! WOOOW.  Excited is now an understatement. Also, IMPATIENT. We want to know what the sex of the baby is and I’m ready for September 29th!!!

We had so much fun telling all of our family & friends!! They were so excited!! I think I’ll let that story be its own blog post! All I’m going to say is this is going to be one spoiled baby!!

We can’t wait to meet baby “L” this fall!!!!! 

We are excited to announce that we are adding another pair of boots to our family. 
Photo by: Mary Kathryn :) 



Comments

  1. so excited for the two of you. this will be a blessed little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so honest, and I love it. You are so right, Baby "L" is a surprise, but definitely no accident! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jordan!! Your comment almost made me cry, because I wanted this post to be one thing, honest. :) Love you & Jake too!

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts