36 Weeks Update!




How far along? 36 Weeks! 4 WEEKS TO GO!

Size of baby? The size of head of lettuce! Or a Crenshaw Melon if that means anything to you! 


Next Dooctor's Appointment? September 5th, this Thursday!! Which means we made it to the weekly appointments!! My doctor will check to see if I've started progressing this week!!!! 


Maternity clothes? Yes and I'm ready to have my closet back with all of my options!!!

Stretch marks? Just the ones on my hips! 


Sleep? Sleeping really good!


New symptoms?  Heartburn and leg cramps... and tiny tiny contractions. My doctor said they are probably just Braxton Hicks... but I'm excited!!

Fun moments this week? In case you didn't know, first graders are experts on anything and everything. Especially on babies and labor & delivery. Everyday I get asked a million times, "Do you have a baby in your belly?" And even better than that precious question are all the hugs and little hands that just HAVE to touch my belly. So sweet! One little boy asks me EVERY TIME he sees me, no matter how many times a day, "Do you STILL have that baby in your belly?" Yes, I still do since you just saw me at lunch! haha And one little girl loves to remind me of how many weeks I have left, every time I see her! haha


One little girl told me at recess the other day, that "It's gonna hurt when you push your baby out!" Thank you for reminding me... WAIT... WHY DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?

On Friday, I was telling my class about my doctor's appointment the day before, and of course they had a ton of questions. My favorite was, "Are they going to cut open your belly and take to her out or is she going to come out of your mouth?" I was so thankful that he said mouth!! I told them they were cutting my belly open, because that was the easiest way to answer that question, even though we hope to avoid a c-section all together!!

NEVER a dull moment in 1st grade!

Food cravings?
Apples, peanut butter, bananas, cold water, and Dr. Pepper.


Things I miss:
RUNNING. I can't wait go running again!!! I'm definitely ready for some exercise!! Even Ella has a running (or riding in the stroller) outfit thanks to Rod & Ray!!! I can't wait to see her in it!!

 
Movement? She's still moving a lot and her little kicks hurt!! 


Weight Gain:
Bleh... 


Signs of Labor:
Just those tiny contractions!


Moody or Happy? Happy & EXCITED

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

Exciting Accomplishments this week:
We still have just a couple more things to finish up in Ella's room... After they are finished I'll post pics of her nursery... BUT... My mom bought us the glider for Ella's room and it came in last Friday!!! We LOVE IT!!!!! The color, the texture, and oh my goodness it is SO comfortable!! We can't wait to rock her in it!! Actually, I think their is a long line of people who can't wait to rock her!! 



Also, we got Ella's diaper bag in this weekend!!! I'm obsessed with it!!! I LOVE Vera Bradley and Tutti Fruitti is my favorite pattern so far!!! Thanks to Emilie, who introduced me to this bag!! I totally copied her & Karis!! 
I've been doing A TINY bit of nesting lately... my favorite project... our medicine cabinet!! It looks SO much better and is much easier to find what you need!!

Looking Forward to: 
-My doctor's appointment on Thursday!!
-Maternity picture's with our friend Kristen this weekend!
-Grilling with friends at our house this weekend!!
-Baby shower at church this Sunday!
-ELLA'S ARRIVAL!

Random Update:
Just a few things we've been up to! 

-Last weekend we had some of our friends over for dinner and they all had children! It was so much fun!! (one 3 year old, two 1 year olds, and one 9 month old!!) We had such a great time catching up and playing with babies!! We even had bath time at our house that night!!! I can't wait for Ella to be here and be part of our play dates!

-I took a breastfeeding class at Women's & Children's Hospital (the hospital I will deliver Ella at) this past week. It was very informative! I got to meet the lactation consultant who works at the hospital! She was very helpful! I also loved getting to tour the labor & delivery floor of the hospital!! So awesome! I've been there before, but it was crazy to tour it and know that we will be there VERY soon, meeting Ella!!! 

-We watched the LSU game at Nehemiah's parents house on Saturday! GEAUX TIGER'S!! Missed Jan & B though! Ready for the next game!!

-Last night we had dinner with our friends, Matt & Megan Gallien and Cody, we had sushi at Kyoto's, fro-yo at Orange Leaf, Putt-Putt, the boys hit balls at the batting cages, and then a late movie!! So fun!!!! Nehemiah and I NEVER stay out late, but we wanted to because we figured it would be one of the last times we could stay out late before Ella gets here!!


Encouragement: 
The past few weeks, I've been having a little bit of anxiety about Ella. One of the reasons I just can't wait for her to be here is so I can see her and take care of her. Sure there are things that I can avoid while I am pregnant to make sure she is protected, but 99% is just Ella and my body making sure she stays alive and healthy. Can you see that I'm struggling with some control issues here? 

JESUS
has Ella in his hands and has his perfect plan for her birth and life already written. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on the copy of that book!! But then I would be taking control again... I have been praying daily for faith to allow me to trust Jesus 100% (not only in this matter, but everything in my life!) 


In Sunday School yesterday, we talked about going through hard times and knowing that Jesus has everything in control! He ordains everything in our life and no matter how hard the situation is that you are going through, he still deserves ALL THE GLORY!

Listen to this video... the song by Shane & Shane is so beautiful and the tiny sermon that John Piper shares is extremely POWERFUL! 

If you are looking at this on your iPad or iPhone you won't be able to watch.... 

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH "THOUGH YOU SLAY ME" FEATURING JOHN PIPER!

Comments

  1. ahhh I miss you TOO!!!! Loved reading this update and I'm so excited for Ella's arrival!! I miss our Friday walks and I am SO jealous of the sweet first graders... soooo jealous.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts