Not For A Moment


Since the end of the school year, I have been searching for a job for the upcoming school year (2013-2014). I have had 4 interviews, none of which have been successful in me getting a job. Nehemiah & I have been very patient during this process. It has been a very stressful time. Our number one concern is Ella. We want to make sure that we have insurance for her once she is born. We also would love to have two incomes to help with the added expenses that our precious little girl will bring. 
 
We don't understand why I do not have a job right now, but we are beginning to see that maybe God has a completely different plan for us. My friend told me the other day, "If something makes NO sense AT ALL, then it's probably God." This quote sums up this WHOLE ENTIRE situation. I am a certified, experienced teacher, WHY DON'T I HAVE A JOB? God. Maybe he has a different plan.
I've been saying that all along, but until you see it happening it's kind of hard to change your previous thoughts. (Kind of like the saying, "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?")

On my drive home from Arkansas, I heard one of my favorite songs by Meredith Andrews, Not For A Moment. This song talks about how God will never leave or forsake you, not  even for a moment. It says God is constant, good, and sovereign. 

We never doubted that God had a plan for us, but hearing this song was such a wonderful reminder that God is in control of this situation. He knows exactly what is best for us. He has our future all planned out and he will not leave our sides, not even for a moment! 

My favorite verse in the song: 

And every step every breath you are there 
Every tear every cry every prayer 
In my hurt at my worst 
When my world falls down 
Not for a moment will You forsake me 
Even in the dark 
Even when it's hard 
You will never leave me 
After all 



The other day, I received a phone call about a job interview WHILE I WAS LISTENING TO THIS SONG. Speechless. God works in mysterious ways. Thank you Lord for never leaving us, not even for a moment! No news on the outcome of the interview.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has messaged me, called me, texted me, or Nehemiah about job opportunities. Also, thank you for every single prayer!! It means SO much to us!



"The Lord is the One who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8





Here's the song if you want to listen to it! 

Comments

Popular Posts