24 Weeks Update!




How far along? 24 Weeks today!

Size of baby? The size of a large cucumber or an ear of corn!

Maternity clothes? Yep!

Stretch marks? No!

Sleep? Still sleeping great!

New symptoms? Tightness in one spot to the right of my belly button. Probably nothing weird at all, but I'm mentioning it to my doctor this week. It hurts! Even if you BARELY touch it! It feels like a pulled muscle... is that possible??? haha (also, my belly button is sticking completely out now! haha I have an outie!)

Fun moments this week? Seeing John & Tricia during their visit to Louisiana!! We only got to catch up for a few hours, but it was so fun! Love those two!!! 



Landri & Lynlee's dance recital was also earlier this week!! It was so much fun seeing them all dressed up and watching them perform!!! It definitely made me daydream about seeing little Ella up on the stage dancing! Nehemiah says, NOOO Dance for Ella! I say that he'll be changing his mind when she comes up to him and says she wants to dance! haha 

Landri, Me, Lynlee, and Audrey! My flower girls!!
Julie & Dad surprised us and bought us the cradle that we are going to keep in our bedroom for her to sleep in! It is so precious!!! I love it!


This week I also baked a little! Which I haven't done in forever!! I made homemade funfetti cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting! So fun and super easy! 

 I also baked some Auntie Anne's Pretzels... thanks to a kit that Aunt Becky sent me earlier this year!! They were DELICIOUS!!



Food cravings? WATERMELON. I don't think that's going to change... and my dad's are just a few weeks away from being ready!!!

Things I miss? CAFFEINE.

Movement?
Lots of it!! I've even seen my belly jump a few times when she kicks or stretches!! I love it!


Weight Gain? I'm sure it's there... I'm just ignoring it. haha


Exciting Accomplishments this week? We have been doing LOTS & LOTS of updating around our house this week! The first thing we did was change out the screen door on the porch! Max was able to just walk through the busted screen at the bottom and he had left quite a few surprises... skeletons, dead animals, throw up, sticks, so much dirt...etc. The final straw was when he tore up a couple of Nehemiah's UPS packages for his Theater Solutions customers. He hasn't been on the porch since we got the new door!! YAY!

 
Before + After





We also did a little freshening up on our front door! I gave it a fresh coat of paint and Nehemiah changed the locks! You can't really see the difference of the locks in this picture... but they were a brassy gold and now they are brushed bronze! I also painted the window panes... so they are no longer that yellowish dirty color.

Before + After
 Nehemiah also changed our living room light fixture's & fan! And our dining room light! These pictures are not the greatest, but you can see that we changed from that brassy gold to black! 

BEFORE: 


  

AFTER: 



Looking Forward to? 

-Jordan & Jake stopping by our house tomorrow!!!! I can't wait to see them!!!!!!
-Galveston trip this weekend!! I'm so ready for Schlitterban and for some sweet baby Jake time!! and of course catching up with Lauren & Banjo!
-Karis Elaine Gorman to make her debut!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!


Random Update: Poor Max had a rough day yesterday... He likes to lay under my car because it is cool and yesterday he didn't get up when I cranked my car. I ran over him :( It was awful!!!!! I had to go, forward TWICE before he could get out from underneath the car!! He was crying... I was crying. It was terrible!! He is ok now! And hopefully he learned a lesson! DO NOT LAY UNDER MY CAR!!!!!

He went walking with us last night and he loved it. I took this picture after our walk! He is just happy, happy, happy again! 


This picture was taken the day we announced that we were expecting Baby L! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! We are standing with the Southern Magnolia Tree that Nehemiah planted for our sweet Ella. I just ordered an 8x10 of this picture to hang in our house! It's one of my favorites!!!


Nehemiah's cucumber's are growing like crazy!!! He picked FIFTEEN pounds of cucumber's last night!!!! We are experimenting with making our own pickles! I'll give an update on the next blog! I hope they turn out!!
This is how we weighed the cucumbers... haha... on our bathroom scale! Hey, it worked!! haha

Step 1 last night... we washed and cut up the cucumbers and then added a cup of canning/pickling salt to them! They have to sit for about 24 hours! We start Step 2 tonight!

Comments

  1. 1. Your door and light fixture updates look great, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR HOUSE!
    2. Max is so cute and fluffy, I can't wait to meet him! I wish Lucy would be with us and they could play! And I am sooo glad he isn't hurt. Traumatic morning!!!
    3. Those cupcakes and pretzels look so good. And your pickles will be fab!! I know a pregnant chick that will be loving those!!!
    4. Ella's cradle is adorable, she will look so peaceful and sweet sleeping in it!
    5. I can't wait to see you!!!! 26 hours from now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan! I love your list!! I can't wait to see y'all tomorrow and show y'all around!
      See you in less than 24 hours now!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts