20 Weeks Update!


How far along?: 20 Weeks!!! Half way to meeting our sweet baby!  

Size of baby?: The size of a small cantaloupe!
Maternity Clothes?: Heck yes! I can still fit into my regular pants/jeans (with the help of a ponytail holder around the button!) but they are not as comfortable!!
Stretch Marks?: Still none!
Sleep?: Still sleeping great!
New Symptoms?: Lots & lots of allergies! I’ve never noticed my allergies/sinuses being this bad before… can they get worse while you are pregnant?? I’ve had to take Claritin WAY more than I ever have in my entire life! Itchy eyes, nose, throat, roof of my mouth, and my ears… so fun! Also, I read that “itchy nose” is a pregnancy symptom, because your nose actually spreads and widens while you are pregnant, which causes your nose to itch… thanks to the stretching. Add that and allergies… my hand is always rubbing my nose! Nehemiah has told me a million times, that I’m going to rub my nose off!!  
Fun Moments this week:
·           Finding out that Baby L is officially Miss Ella Jane Loftin! We were so excited to see her during the ultrasound!!
·         Gender Reveal Party that Wesley & Amber gave us! (Read about it HERE!) So fun to surprise our family with Baby L’s gender! It was hard keeping it from them for 4 days, but totally worth their shocked faces & happy tears in the end!
·         Teacher Appreciation Week at school! Sweet gifts from my student’s! (well… a couple of them!) 



  • Saturday, Mom, Mrs. Becky, Janet, and I went to Jasper, Texas to an amazing flea market/antique store! Thank you Mrs. Becky for telling me about it!! (We were originally going to look for an old dresser for Ella's nursery, but the night before Nene gave us a dresser & a chest of drawers for Ella! So beautiful!)  So instead we ate some DELICIOUS Mexican food, and headed over to Junktique to browse! I found a ton of AMAZING, old (vintage, I guess) children's books!! If you know me, you KNOW I love books! Ella has an awesome little library already started!! I'm a sucker for any Cinderella book that I can find! I've officially bought 3 Cinderella books and 1 multiple story book that has TWO Cinderella books in it!! Not to mention the large amount of Cinderella books that I have from when I was a little girl!!! Do you notice a tiny similiarity?? Ella... Cinderella. One of the many reasons I LOVE her name!


The ladies at Junktique told us about another really cute shop called, Fresh. They sell Cece Caldwell's Paint... which is a chalk paint. It requires no sanding, stripping, or priming! Sign me up!!  (I had never heard of this brand... I had only heard of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint... the ladies told me this was the same stuff.. just a different brand!)
I can't wait to paint the furniture for Ella's room!!  
 For Mother's Day we went to church and then had lunch at Dad & Julie's with Grammy & Paw-Paw, Ben, and Grady. We had a nice lunch! Ben got us this adorable onesie! It's a song from one of our favorite bands... The Josh Abbott Band! Julie got me this cute little journal!! 


 
And here's Nehemiah & I on Mother's Day! This is a typical photoshoot with Nehemiah! 

Mom got this precious onesie for Ella! Can't wait to put her in it! 



Mrs. Becky made this precious sock rose bouquet for Ella! It is so cute!!!

Nene gave us this beautiful pink blanket that she crocheted!! It is going to be beautiful in Ella's nursery and wrapped around a sweet baby!!  (Ella has blankets from both of her great-grandmothers! SO SPECIAL!)


Food Cravings?: I cannot get enough watermelon… and I want it EXTREMELY cold!
Movement: Oh Yes! I’m just ready for Nehemiah to be able to feel her!
Weight Gain: I haven't’ noticed anymore….
Exciting Accomplishments this week: Our house is pretty clean! haha
Worries:
I’m not really worried about anything… I just think about things, a lot. Like Ella… I just want her to be perfectly healthy.
Also, about my job next year. Just waiting to find out what is going to happen… I’m not stressed about it and honestly not worried. I just don’t want to spend the whole summer wondering and waiting to hear about it. Also, maybe God is working out a sweet plan for me to stay at home with Ella and Nehemiah’s company to EXPLODE financially!!
Looking Forward to:    
·         7 school days left until SUMMER!
·         Summmer!!
·         2 MONTHS AWAY from FIFTH GRADERS!
·         Did I mention that I was ready for school to be OUT! ???
Random Update:
As soon as we found out we were going to be the parents of a baby girl, I started DROOLING over pink things. Haha
I found the perfect white crib, cradle, and all of the cute pink bedding! I just can’t wait to get started!!!!! I’m trying to wait until summer break to start… Emilie reminded me the other day, not to do it all at once, because then I would be sad when I had it all finished!!
I have so many projects planned and I can’t wait to start them!!! Nehemiah, my dad, & paw-paw are in for it!!!


Comments

  1. Love it all! :) Clarification.. You won't be sad when it's all finished... you'll just be bored when you have it all done and still have a few months to wait! :) I think we are almost COMPLETELY done with Karis' nursery (one more thing to hang) and then I'll be twiddling my thumbs until June 18th!!! :)

    I can't wait to see what you decide on for Ella's nursery! It's going to PRECIOUS!!! Also, can't believe you only have 7 days left until summer!! CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME VISIT US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bored makes much more sense then sad! I don't know why I said sad! lol I'll be extremely anxious!!!
      I can't wait to come see y'all and KARIS!!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts