Thanksgiving 2016!

Well, my favorite week of the year has come and gone again! We traveled to Tennessee for Thanksgiving again this year, and we had a blast! We drove up on Monday and we made it all the way in one day!! I'm so glad we did!! 
On Tuesday, we visited Aunt Becky at her school! Ella got to make her own plate in the cafeteria and she LOVED every second of it!! She wanted us to leave her at school when it was time to go! 

Cora & Nehemiah playing some basketball after lunch!
Cora was LOVVVVVING playing basketball!! 

My sweet little friend! He was so precious!  
Aunt Becky with her little visitors! They were both enjoying their Thanksgiving trail mix that they made with her class during this picture! lol Those faces! 


Aunt Becky sent home some homework for the girls to do after their naps... They both so hard for a few minutes! 




Tuesday afternoon, Ella & I dropped off this envelope that held the gender of sweet baby #3! Aunt Becky gave Ella & Cora a personalized newborn gown before they were both born, so I wanted baby #3 to have one too! So I brought this envelope & our names for a boy and a girl and the lady who is making it now knows the gender and is going to make the newborn gown for our sweet baby! It was SO hard to drop off the envelope without looking inside... but I know it will be so much to find out in April!! I'm getting more and more excited!!! 
I wanted to look SO BAD. 

On Wednesday morning, we went to Knoxville to an AWESOME toy store that hosts a story time every week... Pete the Cat just happened to be the guest of honor that day!! The girls wore their Pete the Cat shirts and LOVED hearing some of their favorite books being read aloud! Ella LOOOOOVED meeting Pete and was so excited when it was her turn to meet him and give him a hug!! Cora, on the other hand, screamed when he walked in the room! haha We are huge Pete the Cat fans at our house! His books are so much fun! The girls just got the Christmas book and it is SO cute!! 


It wasn't always this way, but Ella really likes meeting characters right now! 

After story time, the girls got to play in the AWESOME play area!! It was so neat! 


She was SO excited! :) :) :) 

On Thursday, Thanksgiving morning, we went to our 3rd annual Turkey Trot! It was SOO much fun as always! The girls had a blast running!! The seriously ran most of the way!!
We only participate in the "Fun Run" and we definitely do not run... we walk and typically are the very last ones to cross the finish line! haha 
This is seriously one of my favorite memories of our Tennessee Thanksgiving's!
Ella with her medals!

Ella wanted to hold Cora's hand so bad, but Cora is Miss Independent to the max! haha
Our annual group picture with the turkey!! 

We made Christmas cookies and the girls LOVED decorating/licking icing off the spoons! hahaha



Our sweet little Turkeys on Thanksgiving Day!
On Friday evening, all of my cousins who were in Tennessee and Nehemiah & I went to dinner and then to Breakout Knoxville... It was SO much fun! It's a room and they lock you inside and you have to figure out all of the clues to get out of the room!! We did a Christmas themed room, which I was grateful for because doing a scary room seemed terrifying!! haha A lot of the clues were from Christmas movies and we even had to sing a couple Christmas songs for clues! SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to do it again!!
For years, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and dad helped make us a Christmas Treasure Hunt, so we were in heaven working together trying to figure out the clues!!! It was a fun walk down memory lane! Next year, we want to do an hour long room AND do boys versus girls, because us girls ROCKED working together! Thanks for the great idea, Katy!! We had a blast!


Dinner at Longhorn before Breakout! 

Katy, Nehemiah, Me, Ray, Mara, and Rodney!! We're missing a few cousins, but I love these guys so much!

Before we headed to our fun plans that evening, we all met at my Aunt Ann's new house to take family pictures!! Another one of my favorite things to do every year!! 
Grammy & Paw-Paw with a couple of their great-grands!

We're missing quite a few from our group, but I sure do love these guys!


One of my all time favorite photos of us! 





We had another great year in Tennessee full of lots of family time and many memories!!! I probably say it every year, but Nehemiah is THE BEST. I'm so so thankful for him! He takes off a full week for me so we can go to Tennessee. It may not seem like a big deal, but for a self employed, one man show, it is a big deal. And I am so thankful for it! 

I have loved seeing all of these memories from the past few years in Tennessee on my TimeHop this week! Look at baby Ella! I love these pictures!!







Comments

Popular Posts