Our Tennessee Thanksgving!



This year made our 3rd annual trip to Tennessee for Thanksgiving! I LOVE the tradition of it and look forward to it All. Year. Long. It seriously is the highlight of my year. This year was no different! We counted down the days until we could leave for our fun & fabulous road trip with my grandparents and TWO. BABIES. (insert alllllllll the crying faces here.) We were a little nervous about a road trip of this length with Ella & Cora... but they did AWESOME. And I'm not exaggerating. They literally did amazing! Ella was SO well behaved on the entire trip there and Cora only made a few grouchy noises when she was trying to fall asleep, but other than that, she just happily talked! We were so thankful for that! We stopped in Alabama for the night on Monday and we only had 3 hours to go on Tuesday, which was GREAT! 





Sleeping babies on roadtrips are a BEAUTIFUL sight! 



One of my favorite pictures of this precious baby!


Walking to the hotel on Monday night! We ate at Cracker Barrel and Grammy refused to ride in the car from the restaurant to the hotel. She was tired of the car!! haha 


Breakfast at the hotel EARLY Tuesday morning... I think both girls were up at 4:30 that morning after a night of no sleep. hahaha



Ella was so excited to see "Tade!"


WE MADE IT!!


So happy to be out of the carseat!



Kade (and his parents! LOL) arrived later Tuesday and the party really got started!


Sledding in a pan! They LOVED it!!!





They were having a blast despite their sleepy faces!

Happy Girl!


On Thanksgiving day we got up early and walked in our 2nd Annual Turkey Trot! This was our 2nd year to walk in the "Fun Run!" We are always really close to coming in last place, but we could win 1st for having the most fun! I LOVE this tradition!!! I bought the girls a couple of shirts for next year's Turkey Trot!!! Cora will be walking next year and it is going to be a BLAST! This year they both rode in their strollers and just had fun riding! 
This year's Turkey Trot selfie!!
Group Picture with the Turkey after we finished!
Aunt "Betcky" and Ella Bella!
The turkey wanted Ella to run with him but she was NOT having it. She's literally hiding behind me! Next year she will be ready!


Love this picture!

We had so much fun in Tennessee and I am so thankful for these guys!! Let's do it again next year! :)

Love, love, love these people! Just missing a few people!



My grandparents are my favorite people on the earth and it brings me so much joy to see them with Ella, Kade, and Cora!! I'm so thankful that they rode to Tennessee with us and spent the week with us for Thanksgiving! The memories are my FAVORITE! Can we have Thanksgiving every month?!?!
Ella's first Thanksgiving & Cora's first Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. Oh I just love your blogs! The more I read them, the more I love your sweet spirit! Family is our most treasured possession and young people are realizing (appreciating) this sooner in life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts