Our Easter!

Easter is becoming on of my favorite holidays! It's so bright and colorful! Oh and having two little girls to dress up and play the Easter Bunny for, is the cherry on top! Despite the nasty weather on Easter Sunday we had a great Easter weekend with lots of festivities and family time!

On Saturday afternoon, my mom and I took Ella & Cora to Walgreen's to see the Easter Bunny! Last year I took Ella to the mall to have her picture taken, but this year, with two babies that just wasn't going to happen. So off to Walgreen's we went to see the creepiest Easter Bunny I have ever laid eyes on. His head was WAY too small for his body and he didn't have any gloves on, so he had human hands... Weird. Thankfully, Ella or Cora didn't mind. Ella brought a basket full of Easter eggs with her, and she promptly walked right up to him and gave him an egg. Then I sat her in his lap for some pictures. She wasn't smiling and bouncing with happiness, but she did sit in his lap and stare at me like, "You better not leave me with this guy!" Then I put Cora in his other arm and we got 
some cute pictures! Cannot believe that we have two sweet girls! 






That evening we went to Grammy & Paw-Paw's for dinner! Ella had so much fun swinging, planting her jelly beans, visiting the chickens and finding the eggs they had laid, opening all of her Easter goodies, and hunting Easter eggs! She did so good hunting for eggs! After she found all of them (and cracked every last real one!), she dumped her basket out and started re-hiding them! haha So cute! 













On Sunday morning, we made our first trip to church as a family of four! We made it on time with everyone dressed and ready! BUT, when I brought Ella to the nursery, as I handed her to the nursery worker, I realized she didn't have a bow in her hair, she didn't have a diaper cover on (I always like to put one over her diaper when she is wearing a dress), and she didn't have shoes on. Oooooops. And I'm blaming all of her missing items on the terrrible weather (I mean torrential down pour as soon as we pulled up to church!) because I usually put her bow and shoes on when we get to our destination while she's still in her carseat... the diaper cover, I just straight up forgot! haha But I'm still calling it a win since we made it on time and we all had clean clothes on! haha

Anyway, we enjoyed church and then came home to snack and rest for a few minutes. Then we headed over to mom's house for Easter lunch. Ella had a blast playing with her cousins, making new friends, dying Easter eggs, and just being the star of the show. Cora napped in eveyrone's arms! Oh and Ella was very concerned when other people were holding Cora! She would come tell me all about it when someone was holding her! Poor thing was distraught over it! haha





Since getting ready for church took us all morning, we didn't let Ella have her Easter Bunny goodies until after we got back from Mom's house that evening. She loved everything! He brought her a bug catcher full of Easter eggs and she loooooooved opening it and taking one out and then closing it. She also looooooves play-doh & bubbles, so she was extra happy to find those things in her basket! My favorite was the Ariel (The Little Mermaid) towel and the Frozen non-slip bath mat that he brought her!! 







The weekend after Easter, we had a crawfish boil with Nehemiah's family! And a photoshoot! Ella LOVED eating crawfish! That was her first time to have them and I couldn't peel them fast enough for her!! Now we're just ready for Mr. Braden to get here and join the fun!!








I hope you all had a fabulous Easter with your loved ones! We definitely did! Our first holiday as a family of four was a blast and full of Easter goodness!

Comments

Popular Posts