38 Weeks Update!




Just for fun... Me at 38 weeks with Ella... 


How far along?
38 Weeks!!!!

Size of baby?
A small pumpkin!!!

Maternity clothes?
So ready to fit into some non maternity jeans... I know that is so far away. But a girl can dream.

Stretch marks?
Oh yea.

Sleep? 
A little better.... but rolling over is just getting more and more fun. And the hip pain is too. (sarcasm!!!)

New symptoms?
Nehemiah talked me into going to the chiropractor for my sciatic nerve pain, and although I never want to go back (it wasn't painful but the noises were AWFUL!) I do think it helped me. Within a few days I felt a lot of relief. Now the pain is only in my right hip/butt/lower leg.... and only if I move the wrong way or sometimes just move at all... haha. But it is SO much better then what it was a few weeks ago. SO SO SO much better!!! 
 
Fun moments this week?
At my 37 week appointment my doctor did an ultrasound and we saw that Cora had decided to spin around and she was no longer breech!
At my 38 weeks appointment my doctor discovered that she had turned AGAIN and she is back in the breech position! We were shocked!! We were NOT expecting her to turn again, so it took us a few minutes to take this all in!!
We will go back tomorrow and my doctor will do another ultrasound to see what position she is in one more time. If she is still breech then we will for sure have a baby via c-section next week... most likely Wednesday. If she has decided to turn again we will talk about our options of inducing or waiting for labor to start on its own. Of course there is a chance that she could turn again, so my doctor mentioned inducing before she decided to change her mind again. 


Food cravings?
Lucky Charms and Ice Cold Water!

Things I miss:
Walking without waddling!!!

Movement?
She's still squirming!! And she obviously likes to change her position frequently! haha

Weight Gain:
... Not as much as I gained with Ella, so YAY!

Signs of Labor:
Hopefully soon!

Exciting Accomplishments this week:
Finishing up a few last minute projects before Miss Cora is here!! Since Ella & Cora will share a bedroom, we've been working really hard on transforming our bedroom into more of our dream bedroom! It's been so fun!! Nehemiah built us a beautiful, rustic, headboard from boards found in our barn. I LOVE it!! I painted some nightstands, we've added lamps, and now we're working on getting some mirrors and pictures hung! It looks SO good! I'll be sure to share a picture after we make a little more progress!

Looking Forward to: CORA JANE LOFTIN!!!
When I was pregnant with Ella, my last blog post was 38 weeks... So I am hoping Miss Cora comes really soon so I won't have to post a 40 weeks update!! It sounds like I won't be making it to 40 weeks, so this will most likely be my last weekly Cora update!!! The next time I post will be to share pictures of sweet Cora and of course some of her & big sister Ella!!!!!

Random Update: 

After my 38 week appointment, Nehemiah and I had lunch and then went to see Cinderella. I just can't explain how fabulous it was!! It was perfectly magical, sweet, and adorable. I want to see it again and again! I LOVED the theme of the movie... Have courage and be kind. There aren't many movies with theme's like that these days! It was a breath of fresh air! I wish Ella was old enough to enjoy it... but one day Ella, Cora, and I will all snuggle up and watch it together!! I may even be pre-ordering it on blu-ray from our Disney Movie Club!!!
And for the record, Nehemiah didn't hate it... but he said it wasn't in his top 50 movies. It's in my top 5 for sure!! But I am so thankful he brought me to see it even if he did embarrass me multiple times with his comments! haha

Diaper Shower!! My sweet friends Kristen, Sarah, and Mrs. Sharee threw a diaper shower for Cora! It was so sweet and perfect! It was in the morning, so we had mini quiches, mini blueberry muffins, grape salad, punch, and the best and cutest cake ever!! A bunny with a paci!! 
So much fun!! So thankful for them and for the sweet gifts that were showered on us! 

Ella & I... I can't get enough of that smile! So precious... cannot believe that this was a shower for another baby girl and not her!! SO hard to believe!


Delicious & Precious cake!

Me and the fabulous hosts!

Kristen & I! Love this girl!

Us with Maw... Ella wanted to go outside!

Lori & I! So glad we got to catch up on some Downton!!

Us with Minnie & Maw.

Us with Grammy & Gigi!

My mom and I!

Me with my great Aunt Barbara Dale & cousin Jan!

Minnie & Ella!

Mom with Aunt Barbara Dale & Jan! Sooo glad they came all the way from Jennings!!

The adorable nursery rhymes quilt that Grammy made for Cora!!

Kristen got us this adorable yard flag... Can't wait to hang it up!!!


And just a few Ella pictures of course: 

Eating her oatmeal... Normal right?

SO happy after decorating and eating her cupcake!

Helping me with the laundry one morning!

Snack time on the porch at her picnic table after she woke up completely grouchy one afternoon... haha

Sweet girl in her pretty dress after church!

Comments

Popular Posts