34 Weeks Update!


How far along? 34 Weeks!!!

Size of baby?
A cantaloupe!

Maternity clothes?
oh yea!

Stretch marks?
Same ones

Sleep?
UGH. Nothing fun about this question. Since I have to sleep on my side, my hips are KILLING me. Literally the pain wakes me up all throughout the night. I am constantly rolling (or throwing myself) to my other side to get some relief for a little while, then it's back to the other side. My knees are also really bothering me while I sleep. The same pain in my hips is in my knees... I'm sure it's just how I'm laying. And if it's not my hips or knees waking me up, it's that I have to go to the bathroom, OR that I just straight up can't sleep. Nothing like scrolling through Facebook & Instagram at 2:30 am. UGH. Not what I want to be doing. But you know what?? It's kind of nice, because it's just God's way of preparing my body again for that wonderful newborn sleep schedule! Gotta love it! I'm scared to death of all the middle of the night feedings that are coming my way, but I can't wait!!! 


Funny story: The other night we were laying in bed and obviously Nehemiah was ALMOST asleep when I had to roll over... AGAIN. So I said, "Ugh, do you know what one of the hardest things about being pregnant is?" He said, "Not talking?!" HAHAHA I can laugh now and I may have laughed A LITTLE when he said it, but nevertheless, I said, "UM NO! Rolling over!!" It's true rolling over could literally be an Olympic event for pregnant women! I mean seriously, I am literally out of breath after rolling over.


New symptoms?
Besides the fun new sleep pattern... nothing really. A little sleepy during the day, but nothing out of the ordinary! I've been pretty blessed to have kept my energy up during this entire pregnancy! 

**This past weekend, I experienced something I have never experienced with either pregnancy... I just completely wore myself out (by doing what, I have no clue) but on Saturday evening, I felt like I literally had ZERO energy left in my body and I just felt terrible, kind of like the flu, but no symptoms just straight up pregnant. I don't know how else to explain it. I went to bed feeling absolutely terrible, and woke up feeling pretty much the same way. I basically put myself on bed rest all day Sunday and finally that night, I felt normal again. I went to bed feeling pretty good and woke up Monday morning feeling back to normal. I truly think I just did too much and my body needed to rest and rehydrate. Of course now I'm very aware of everything I do and picking up Ella is becoming more and more stressful for me. I'm hoping I can avoid this for the next 5-6 weeks! It was not ideal for taking care of a toddler! Thank goodness for my amazing husband. 

Fun moments this week? Going to my Dr appt last week and seeing little Miss Cora at our ultrasound! It was nice to confirm once again that she is, in fact, a she! She was being silly and never would let us get a good look at her face and my Dr wasn't able to get a single picture for us! When she finally showed her face a little bit, her cheeks looked mighty chunky to me!!! I cannot wait to have that sweet face in my arms! She is weighing around 4 1/2 lbs right now and my Dr thinks she'll be around 7 lbs when I have her! Ella was 7 lbs 11 oz, so it will be interesting to see how much she weighs! Also, she was breach at the appointment, but he said it's too early to be concerned about that and she has plenty of time to turn! I'm hoping she turns but also preparing myself for the alternative. I've had a little anxiety about the possibility of having a c-section this entire pregnancy. 

After our appointment we headed to the park for some fun! We also bought Ella a kite that day, but we haven't flown it yet!



Sliding with mama and squishing Cora. That's what big sister's are for, right?!?


Food cravings? Pineapple! And Icees!!

Things I miss:
Sleeping on my belly!

Movement?
All the time!

Weight Gain:
...

Signs of Labor:
No

Exciting Accomplishments this week:
Finding the perfect furniture for Ella & Cora's bedroom... for free!! (Thank you Mrs. Shawna & Mr. Ricky!!) (And thanks to 3 tired men for loading it up at 8:00 pm one night, Dad, Ben, & Nehemiah!!!!!)  And as a result, the perfect furniture for our bedroom! Can't wait to get it all set up and post pictures!!

Looking Forward to:
My next appointment! nothing exciting happening at that appointment, but each appointment brings us closer to meeting Cora!! Also, the date of my appointment is March 2nd!! Our insurance will be effective AND I'll be two days from THIRTY SIX weeks!!! That's crazy!!

Also, I had Ella between 38 & 39 weeks (of course, I didn't go into labor, but had to be induced for medical reasons) but I only blogged up until 38 weeks. Which means, I could totally only blog TWO more times before Miss Cora is here!!!! ahhhhhhh! :) 


Random Update:
Just trying to finish up a few projects, like getting our bedroom ready for a newborn again and getting Ella's room all set up. We're just rearranging, going through clothes, and organizing supplies! Also trying to find the perfect double stroller, and a few other baby products that we'll need this time around. We seriously have everything we need, but their are a few little things that we're adding to our routine!




Lots of pictures!

 Grammy invited us over for a little Valentine's Day lunch party! We had so much fun! She served bananas, pineapples, and strawberries with chocolate to dip them in! Mini corn dogs & pizzas! AND... sprite & sherbert punch "juice!" So fun and didn't she decorate SOOO cute!! Ella had a blast!!

She LOVED her "juice!"

Valentine's Day dinner with friends! So much fun!!

 
Just exploring the field behind our house! She is definitely an explorer AND a dare devil!

Drinking her milk with her Strawberry Straws Aunt Becky sent her for Valentine's Day!

Nehemiah, Daisy, and Ella!

One day she just grew up and climbed on the couch with her sippy cup all by herself. HOW did she get big enough to do that??

Drinking her milk before bed one night... Has to have that finger in my mouth or somewhere on my neck!

I don't do selfies. I don't like my face that close to the camera... but we do like to send them to Nehemiah during the day. I mean, how cute is she?!?!?

I don't even remember where we were going that day, but she was rocking her little outfit! She is such a joy! Love her so much!


Paw-Paw's (Bobby) birthday was this week so we had dinner at Dad & Julie's house and banana splits for dessert!! I think it's safe to say that Ella & Paw-Paw both loved their banana splits!!




Ella had to help Paw-Paw open his present!

Comments

  1. I have the exact same problems with sleep!!! Ugh! It is terrible, and I feel for you! My husband tried to make this setup out of pillows so I could sleep on my stomach. It was alright for about five minutes but my neck and legs were bent all weird. Haha. It was worth the try though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts