30 Reasons Why I Love Nehemiah!

Nehemiah's birthday was the 29th and he turned 30! Nehemiah is the KING of surprises so I knew I had to try my best to surprise him... and I DID!!
On Saturday, I told Nehemiah that my Dad & Julie wanted us to have dinner with them at Cecil's, because they needed to tell us something. haha... Talk about worry him to death. All day long he asked me what they could be talking to us about! He had all kind of theories! He even talked to THREE people who were coming to the party, during the day, and they all did AWESOME, by making up stories for other plans they had! So when we walked up the stairs to our table at Cecil's he was COMPLETELY shocked when his friends said "Surprise!" (I actually don't remember what they said!) He just kept looking at them and I finally told him it was for his birthday!! haha

We had a great time and got to catch up friends that we love but don't get together with that often! It was so much fun surprising Nehemiah! We even had cookie cake and it was AMAZING.

One of the things I remember about the beginning of our relationship, was the things his friends would say about him to me when Nehemiah wasn't around. Without asking they would all say, "He's the best guy I know" or "That's a good man." And he is. He has shown me that over and over and over again. I'm so proud to say he's my husband. (We aren't ones to brag about each other or say mushy stuff on social media...  but I thought for his birthday I'd be a little mushy!) There aren't enough numbers for me to describe all of the ways that he is awesome, but since he is 30... I'll start with 30 reasons why I love him.



Nehemiah, 
I'm so thankful that God brought us together. It may have been fast, but he had a lot planned for us, so he knew we had to get started quickly! haha I love being your wife and learning this whole parenting thing as we go. I love watching you with Ella. It will never get old. I thank God for you everyday. I love you. 
-Court


  1. loves Jesus
  2. selfless... seriously... his answer to everything is "whatever you think/want"
  3. loves me unconditionally
  4. the best daddy ever
  5. extremely patient... Which will come in handy a lot over the years of being a girl dad
  6. very giving & kind
  7. always changes the toilet paper roll... when I always forget
  8. HILARIOUS... Even though he's almost given me a heart attack many times from the jokes he's played on me. Can't tell you how many times I've found a (fake) snake in our bed, yard, and throughout the house.
  9. takes care of & feeds our animals (I've only had to feed them a few times and that makes me happy!! I'm not an animal person!)
  10. keeps our yard looking amazing. mowing, weed eating, bush hogging, etc...
  11. makes sure my vehicle is always good to go!
  12. takes out the trash every week... even if we get home really late on Sunday night!
  13. and changes the diaper genie bag every week... Sometimes more than once
  14. doesn't get mad when our house is a mess
  15. gets up with Ella in the mornings so I can catch up on a little sleep
  16. calls me sweet-tea and love
  17. researches everything before he makes a decision
  18. extremely supportive of me during this learning period of being a wife & mother (especially while nursing Ella, which is so important!)
  19. is a great cook! He can boil crawfish, shrimp, & crab! Cook the best crawfish étouffée, gumbo, & sauce piquante ever! And he's a master griller & smoker!! His smoked ribs & beans are amazing!!
  20. loves to make me smile... Blake Shelton's song "Doing What She Likes" should be his theme song!
  21. loves both of our families
  22. always brings me my vitamins! Even when I don't want to take them
  23. such a happy husband and father and friend
  24. hardworking... I've already said it once, but it's worth mentioning again... seriously, works so hard at his job, then works so hard on the weekends on our yard, garden, house, and even some of my projects. :)
  25. when Ella is extra fussy in the middle of the night, he will get up with her and rock her and let me sleep.
  26. posts pictures of him & Ella on Facebook & Instagram... He's such a proud dad. :)
  27. awesome grocery shopper... I have to have a list and I'm terrible at buying snacks... he can walk in and get a million snacks (they will all have Little Debbie's face on them... but nevertheless)
  28. very persistent... he works until the job is done... even if that means 10 pm and a mad wife 
  29. he takes me to see my Tennessee family!!
  30. he takes REALLY good care of our finances and is a GREAT saver!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts