Ella: 6 Months & A Lesson Learned



Well the fastest and best 6 months of our life has come and gone... and we loved every single exhausted second of it and we can't wait for more!! I've learned more in 6 months then I did in 4 years of college! And being a parent is even better than college!!

I think every new parent could write a book on the trial and error of being a new parent. Nehemiah & I have learned MANY, VALUABLE, lessons over the last few months, but none more important (to us) than, DO NOT LET YOUR BABY SLEEP WITH YOU. haha Seriously, we learned this the HARD way. Besides the very serious safety reasons to not let your baby sleep with you, there are other reasons. Like this fact: You won't get ANY sleep. You might fall asleep a few times during the night, but in fear of rolling on your baby or waking her up, you won't rest... AT ALL. 

Ella started sleeping all night in her cradle at 10 weeks. I thought she was the best child on the entire planet. Fast forward a few weeks, and she got her first cold. :( Which was pitiful. It's so sad to see your little baby sick. Anyway, her cold came with sleep issues. She was quickly sleeping like a newborn again. So one night, I put her in bed with us, and she went to sleep and it was heavenly, and so so sweet. Then two months later, she was STILL sleeping with us. I thought I was going to pull my hair out! (By the way, I never stopped thinking she was the best child on the entire planet... she still is to us!)

I had initially, never wanted to do the "cry it out" method, but after two months of exhausting, sleepless, nights, I knew something had to give. So I started letting her "cry it out" at naptime... and what do you know?? She slept, in her cradle!! (I do have to admit, that I stood outside the door and watched her cry and I felt extremely helpless and TERRIBLE... but I knew it was for the best. If you need encouragement, read Baby Wise for help with "crying it out." Your baby will be ok... You just have to keep breathing & telling yourself that!)  It got a little better each time. Then she slept ALL night in her cradle, in her room! OH MY GOSH!! IT WAS AMAZING!! I felt like a new person!!!! I still feel like a new person, because this all happened THIS WEEK! Now I'm thinking, "Why the heck did we wait so long?" haha On the third night, she didn't even cry when I laid her in her cradle! BEST FEELING EVER, knowing that you and your baby are going to get a good nights rest! (By the way, if you don't have children, SLEEEEEEEP all the time!!! But don't you dare say you are tired, unless you have a legitimate reason! haha just kidding... mostly.) 

Now I'm just waiting for the next sleep hurdle to come and go, because just when you get used to babies sleeping all night, then they're like "HEY! Let's play while it's dark outside!!" haha And you just try not to cry and rock your baby, and pray for sleep & patience real fast. lol

Ella LOVES: 
-sleeping all night in her cradle :) 
-animals. especially our dog, Max. she starts talking to him when she sees him!
-being outside. 
-going for walks. 
-balloons.
-her mama. she isn't too fond of other people holding her at this point. we're working on it. lol
-her daddy. she smiles real shyly when he talks to her. so so sweet. 
-singing with mama. she is such good singer. :)
-standing up.
-blowing bubbles. 
-eating her rice cereal. 
-rolling over and over. 
-sitting up. (almost completely by herself.)
-bath time. 
-swinging. 
-picking grass. 


These have been the best 6 months of our lives, Ella Jane, and it's all because of you. Thank you for bringing so much love and joy into our lives. You are a delight (even at 2 am) and we love watching you grow and change.
 We cannot imagine our lives without you. We thank Jesus every day for blessing us with your life. We love you more than you'll ever know. 

Some fun moments: 

Ella singing Let it Go (From our favorite movie FROZEN and I totally forgot a few words :) )



Ella Swinging!


Ella playing with a balloon!


Ella eating rice cereal for the first time!


Ella tries baby food for the first time! (Butternut Squash)

Comments

  1. Love this post!! Yeah I've learned from my cousins not to let the babies sleep with you haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts