Baby Dedication + My Birthday

This past weekend was such a fun & special weekend. Nehemiah spent the weekends in a cabin at Toledo Bend with a ton of best friends... a total guy weekend. So Ella & I packed up and spent the weekend at Gigi & Paw-Paw's. We had a great time just relaxing and hanging out. (Although our nights weren't so relaxing... new places do not sit well with Ella at bedtime... but the amazing naps during the day made up for it!) 

First time sitting in her walker! Thank you Gigi & Paw-Paw!


This face!!!

Rocking in her rocking chair!

Bath time fun!

On Sunday morning, (my 25th birthday) we headed to church for Ella's Baby Dedication. Such a special day! Our whole family came to church with us. It was also Sanctity of Life Day! Even more special!! 
Ella made it through the dedication without crying and she stayed awake the entire time!! She had quite an audience to stare at, so the little people watcher was very content.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but Ella is a HUGE spit up baby... like ALLLL day long, she spits up! (Yes, we've talked to her doctor... she is a "happy" spitter-upper (is that a word??) and since she's gaining weight and growing... then she's fine! Except Mama & Daddy are SUPER ready for this stage to be over.... spit-up is seriously wearing us O.U.T. I keep reminding myself it's only for a season!!!!! When is the next season?? :) )
Anyway, I just knew she was going to spit up EVERYWHERE during the dedication, and sure enough, she did... although it was just a little. But I had our spit-up rag ready! Seconds after she spit up, her little buddy, Bowen, felt the need to do it too! So his sweet mama borrowed our rag! haha It was so funny!! It made for a sweet little memory of the ceremony! 

I honestly do not know what our pastor said during the ceremony (because I was so worried about spit-up!) but Nehemiah and I are so happy to have such a loving church for Ella to grow up in!! We can't wait to teach Ella about Jesus, and I'm about to start reading stories from her new The Jesus Storybook Bible!


Happy Baby!

Signing her certificate!



After church we headed to a restaurant in town and ate lunch and a delicious cake my mom brought! After lunch, my mom, Landri, Ella, and I went to a pro-life rally at our courthouse. It was so cool to see our community come together and support such an important cause!
The whole family at lunch!

Ella & Uncle Ben!

Family pic with the sleeping baby!




Pro-Life Rally and a real nice shot of my mom's hair!



I'd say it was a perfect day!! It was a fabulous way to spend my 25th birthday! Ella seriously is the best birthday gift ever!


Comments

Popular Posts