38 Weeks Update!




How far along? 38 Weeks!! Less than 3 weeks to go!! (2 weeks until my due date, and then 1 week until my doctor will induce if I haven't gone into labor on my own!)

Size of baby? She weighs between 6-7 pounds... according to my apps.

Next Doctor's Appointment? Wednesday, September 18th!

Maternity clothes? DUH. haha 


Stretch marks? Still stretching the ones on my hips!

Sleep? Sleeping GREAT. I just need MORE of it!!

New symptoms? Nothing. Wish I could tell y'all ALL about the contractions I was experiencing... lol... Maybe next time!!

Fun moments this week?
September 5th: My doctor checked to see if I had started dilating... no progress. Ella had started turning down. I signed my delivery consent papers at my appointment!! I also pre-registered at Women's & Children's!! 


September 12th: My doctor checked to see if I had started dilating... no progress... AGAIN. But, Ella was officially head down this time! Next week, he will check again and do an ultrasound! I can't wait to see her on that screen!! I'm so excited! (I will be 38 weeks and 3 days at that appointment... so I am PRAYING for just a little progress! haha) Also, he said that Nehemiah & I both needed to get a flu shot, so a few days later we got one at Walgreens!

Food cravings?
Water.


Things I miss:
How many times have I said it??? But seriously, I can't wait to roll over and get out of bed NORMALLY. Instead of hurling myself out of bed. haha

 
Movement?
She has been kicking A LOT these past couple of weeks! My students have been getting to see her kick lately! THEY LOVE IT! It's so fun to see them get so excited!! It keeps their attention for so long and they just sit so quietly and squeal with excitement with every little tiny twitch! It makes me even more excited!!


Weight Gain: Yeaaaa.

Signs of Labor: Nope.

Moody or Happy? Happpppppppy & Excited!!

Wedding Rings On or Off? On!

Exciting Accomplishments this week:
This week we started our natural childbirth class. My plan is to have Ella naturally... without drugs. We wanted to take this class to help prepare Nehemiah & I both about what to expect. It was really helpful for Nehemiah because, like most guys, he is clueless about childbirth. I am NOT proclaiming to be an expert in childbirth, but Emilie shared SOOO much knowledge with my after she had Karis, that this class was almost repetitive for me. I'm not complaining though! We learned some little secrets about our hospital and just some basic facts to help us! 

 
Looking Forward to:

  •  My doctor's appointment on Wednesday!!
  • 2nd childbirth class on Thursday!!
  • THE FULL MOON ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!

Random Update:
Last Sunday our church threw a baby shower for us! It was so nice! We are so blessed to go to such a wonderful & loving church!! The ladies are AWESOME! I didn't take a single picture at the shower, but my mom took this picture of me in Ella's room when we got back home. We got some great stuff!! Ella is one blessed little girl!!! 

We also ran into Grammy and Paw-Paw at lunch after church! My mom took this picture of Grammy & I! 
My dad started building the benches for Ella's room a couple of weeks ago! Nehemiah helped him out a couple days... 


When he finished with the benches we brought them home and Brian & Dick Palmer helped Nehemiah unload them!! 

This weekend, Nehemiah installed a new fan in Ella's room and hung the bookshelves over the bench!!


I can't wait to post pictures of the COMPLETED room!!! We are sooooo close to being finished! Just need to hang a few pictures! 

Just a couple more exciting things... I signed my delivery consent papers and pre-registered at our hospital!!!! It's getting real!!!



Grammy made this quilt for Ella... How cute is it?!?!?!? I'm obsessed with it!!!  I can't wait to see Ella playing on it!!


Comments

  1. Precious Courtney! Absolutely precious! You look so cute! I love that big belly! I miss being pregnant so much! Enjoy these last few days that just you and your girl share together! Best of luck on delivery! You will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carly!! I really do need to savor these last few days... but it's so easy to wish them away!!

      Delete
  2. Courtney,
    Are ya'll in BR? Super duper cute quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sondra,
      We live in DeRidder, but I'm delivering at Women's & Children's in Lake Charles!
      Our due dates are SO close!!! I'll be waiting to see pictures of your little cutie!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts