34 Weeks Update!


How far along? 34 Weeks! SIX WEEKS TO GO!

Size of baby? The size of a cantaloupe!

Next Doctor's Appointment? August 29th!

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? I found a couple on each of my hips/love handles... haha :(

Sleep? Sleeping good.... but....

New symptoms? I've been having a mild case of heartburn lately... one night I was actually woken up by the heartburn... fun times! But it's still nothing to complain about, especially compared to Nehemiah's heartburn!! And a tiny cold... drainage sure makes you a little nauseated... praying I don't throw up... only 6 more weeks and I can say I didn't throw up while I was pregnant!!! I realllllllllllllllly don't think it would be fun to throw up at this point...

Fun moments this week? Teaching precious first graders!! I LOVE teaching first graders and I am BEYOND thankful for this opportunity! It has rejuvenated my love of teaching and reaffirms that lower elementary grades are where I'm supposed to be! Besides all of that, pre-school, kindergarten, and first grader's really make me look forward to when Ella is that age!! I do NOT want to speed up her growing process because everyone swears it flies by and I'm not ready for that! But those ages are so sweet & fun!! I cannot wait to experience every single stage of her life!!!


Food cravings?
Pancakes, waffles, Hostess Cupcakes, and homemade Rice Krispie Treats!

 (DON'T TELL MY DOCTOR!! haha!!)

Things I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach and being able to wear everything in my closest. 

Movement? Lots & lots!!!! 


Weight Gain:
Still gaining, but my doctor complimented me on my weight gain at my appointment last week! I was very shocked because it was just a few weeks ago, that he was getting on to me for my weight gain! haha 


Signs of Labor:
No, but I'm ready for some! 


Moody or Happy? Happy!!

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

Exciting Accomplishments this week:
Nehemiah & I decided to go on a little getaway/babymoon this past weekend... we left after I got off of school on Friday and headed to Baton Rouge. We booked a room at the Hilton Capitol Center in downtown Baton Rouge. So fun! We LOVED staying downtown... right in the middle of all the history of our state and super close to everything we ended up doing!

We had NO plans... which was awesome! We woke up Saturday morning and had breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe. I've always wanted to eat there and I had been craving a waffle... so this was the PERFECT place to go!! I seriously could have eaten there for EVERY meal!!

We spent the rest of the day touring the old state capitol, the new capitol, eating at Frostop (DELICIOUS Root Beer!), napping, swimming, and eating at Hello Sushi for dinner with some friends! Great day!! 

We are not good at selfies... lol
Old State Capitol!
Beautiful stained glass ceiling in the old state capitol!


 
Nehemiah staged and took this picture! haha
New state capitol!


View of the courtyard and Huey Long's burial place from the top of the capitol!


View from the top!
View from the top!


Sunday we woke up, ate breakfast at the hotel, then headed home! It was a wonderful weekend! Of course we talked about how excited and ready we are to meet Ella!! It was nice to get away and just enjoy each other and dream about our little girl... and of course enjoy a childless weekend/mini-vacation because those will be non-existent VERY soon! 

Looking Forward to: 
- The glider for Ella's nursery will be here Friday!
- Having a barbecue with some friends at our house this weekend! 
- Meeting Ella in about 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Update:
This week I was reading the book Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes to my little first graders... I've read this book a few times before... but this time... WHOA... it was an emotional experience! I was literally getting teary eyed while reading to them! SOOO ready to meet her!!!


Here's the first page: 

Comments

Popular Posts