28 Weeks Update!

Ella weighs 2 lbs., I weigh............ we're not going there. haha



How far along?
28 weeks and finally in the THIRD Trimester!

Size of baby?
The size of a head of lettuce!

Maternity clothes?
Yep.

Stretch marks?
Not yet.

Sleep? 
Pretty good.... my hips and arms are SO sore when I wake up in the morning from laying on my side all night. Can't wait to lay on my stomach or back again!!


New symptoms?
Back pain still going strong... At one point I think I was dragging my right leg after being busy cleaning and cooking one day. haha I'm sure that was cute.

Fun moments this week?
The day before the 4th of July we had everyone over to our house for hamburgers! So fun! I had fun doing a little bit of decorating for our dinner. Complete with flowers from our yard!! 


Banana Split Brownie Pizza!




I picked these for my mom & her co-worker, Mrs. Theresa!


Food cravings? Coffee!


Things I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach! Even sleeping on my back sounds good now that I can't!

Movement?
Lots & lots! We went to a concert on Saturday night with our friend's Kristen & Ethan, and Ella was going crazy for the first few songs! She must have really liked the music!!


Weight Gain:
No comment.


Exciting Accomplishments this week:
We finally got our shed on the 4th of July!!! It's so cute!!! Nehemiah is working on wiring it for electricity and insulating it! Him and Dad are going to build a few shelves in it so we can have even more storage. 


Working hard!


-After our shed showed up on the 4th of July, Nehemiah and our friend, Ben, and I went to pick up the furniture for Ella's room! I started working on it as soon as we got it home!!! I cleaned it really good and then started painting it! I'm ALMOST done... I still need to put one more coat on the drawers and the dresser and then finish it all off with the clear satin glaze. I was very excited about using chalk paint for this project, but I have to say, I'm not completely pleased with it. I think it may have been easier to rough up the furniture with a little sanding and then just use a regular latex paint. The chalk paint has required A LOT of coats for the full coverage effect I'm looking for and it doesn't have as smooth of a finish as I would have liked. Anyway, y'all know I have to give an opinion on my paints!! haha It looks really good and I can't wait to finish it up!!! 
We are so thankful to Nene, Nehemiah's grandmother, who gave us this furniture!! It's so special that Ella will have her great grandmother's furniture in her room!! Thank you Nene!! We love you! 

-We also bought the paint for Ella's room!!! It's called "Ellie Gray" from Sherwin Williams! We saw it in our friend's, Ben & Nikki's, master bedroom and I fell in love with it! And I LOVE the name! I can't wait to get it on the walls and see how beautiful the white crib & furniture look against it!! 
Before and during the painting process!


Found this pillow at Marshall's for Ella's room! I LOVE it!!



Looking Forward To: VISITING WITH EMILIE, RYAN, & KARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Update:
-The dreaded Glucose test! Mom & I went last Monday for the 1-hour Glucose test in Lake Charles... I went after lunch... MISTAKE. The next day the nurse from my doctor's office called me and so kindly let me know that I had failed the test. Nehemiah said I didn't study enough. haha .
So on Friday morning mom & I left at 5:45 a.m. and headed back  to Lake Charles for the very fun & exciting 3-hour Glucose test. I couldn't eat breakfast and I am terrible at giving blood... so I was a little nervous that  I would pass out. But 3 hours and 4 blood draws later and one INTENSE time the nurse couldn't find my vein, so she was literally fishing for it inside my arm with the needle... omg... I almost LOST it. But thankfully I was done and found out that afternoon that I had passed! Thank goodness! 

-Today we had an appointment with my doctor and he did an ultrasound! It was so fun to see little Ella on the screen!!! She wasn't very active for the actual ultrasound, but of course she was before & after!! Everything looks great and she's weighing about 2 pounds right now and she's in the 49th percentile. (I'm still learning what that means... but apparently she's average.) We go back in 2 weeks!! So we've started the 2 week appointments!!!! That means we're one step closer to meeting Ella!!! About 12 more weeks to go!!! So Crazzzzy!

-Nehemiah and I enjoyed our day today together... we had breakfast with friends, saw our daughter in an ultrasound, visited with friends at their house, shopped at our favorite store, Lowes, saw Monster's University (SO CUTE!!!!!), and ate sushi!!! Wonderful day!!! We have so much fun together and I'm enjoying our alone time together, because it really won't be long until these days are few and far between! 

-Nehemiah and I made Grammy's salsa recipe last night with tomatoes from our very own garden!!! It's pretty spicy, but it's pretty tasty!!!

-July 5th was Oretta's 1st Birthday! We had a little fun and bought her a Happy Birthday headband! She could have cared less about it being her birthday or the headband ... as you can see in this picture. haha





**Also, my friend Amy, who taught pre-k at Singer this year, and I use the same doctor... We saw each other at our appointments today. She will be having her baby boy THIS week!!!! I'm so excited to see picture's of little Cy!! I'm praying for you Amy!!! God has the perfect plan for your labor!

Comments

Popular Posts