14 Weeks Update!

Sorry for the depressing/dark photo! We had to take it inside tonight because it is COLD & DARK on the porch!

How far along? 14 Weeks on April Fool's Day!

Size of baby? The size of a lemon!


Maternity clothes? YES! Honestly, I could get away without maternity clothes at this point... but they are SO darn comfortable!! This past week I got 2 pairs of pants & 2 shirts from Motherhood Maternity! I'm obsessed with the pants!!! I also got a few shirts from Target by Liz Lange... They are AMAZING. Most of the shirts at Motherhood have ruching on the sides... and I have never liked ruching. The Liz Lange shirts have NO ruching! They are just longer and just so CUTE! (I mean a girl needs a reason to shop and lets face it, I'd be wasting my money if I bought "regular" clothes at this point! :)


Stretch marks? No! I bought some Cocoa Butter to add to my "Stretch Mark Prevention Squad!" (My skin is prone to stretch marks, so I'm just taking as many precautions as I can... even though I know they are almost inevitable!)


Sleep? Can I just say that I have had a few nights this past week that I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom!?!?!? *knock on wood!*


New symptoms?
Still have lots and lots of energy! Except NO energy to devote towards folding/hanging laundry... ugh. Wish there was a vitamin for that! 


Fun moments this week? This past week was SPRING BREAK! Nehemiah literally worked EVERY single day except the two Sunday's :( But overall, I had a wonderful, relaxing break! Just being able to wake up at 7 instead of 6 was GLORIOUS. It was a much needed break. Now the countdown to summer begins! I have about 30 school days left!! And this Friday is my LAST Friday of the entire school year! So blessed to work at a 4 day school!


Food cravings? Watermelon! We bought 2 from a man in Leesville last week and they were both delicious!

I can't wait for summer so I can eat as many of my Dad's watermelon's as I can!!! AND the best part is, I won't be able to lift/throw them! So NO watermelon farmin' for this girl!! :) 

Oh and Thai Basil (our DELICIOUS Thai restaurant in DeRidder) reopened yesterday and I cannot wait to eat there!!  

Movement? Still too early, but just this week, I've REALLY started looking forward to it!


 Weight Gain: Not sure of an exact number... my doctor said I should gain about 5 pounds in the 1st trimester, 10 in the second, and 10 in the third. I'm not sure what my starting  weight was... I think around 125... and I've officially broke 130. A little depressing. The weight will be worth it in the end!!!!

Exciting Accomplishments this week: Bought some beautiful iron/wood work to hang in the living room & dining room!!! I will post picture's after it's up!! (If my husband would stop working so much it could get done!! just kidding!!)  

Looking Forward to: 
- My Friday walk with Mary Kathryn!! We missed last Friday, so  we have a lot to catch up on! And maybe we'll have Thai Basil afterwards! ;)

- Our next doctor's appointment, April 12th! I can't wait!!!!!

-Visiting our friend's Banjo & Lauren and their new baby Jake in a couple of weekends!! 

-Emilie & Karis's baby shower in Shreveport on April 20th!!!! I can't wait to see Emilie!!!!!!!!!!! And I am SO excited about my gifts for the shower!!! I can't wait!!!!! I got my invitation on Monday!!

Random Update: 

Max enjoyed Spring Break as well! He likes to be held like a baby when he is sleepy!! But NOT when he is in play/wrestle mode! 


We took this picture at my mom's house on Monday night.... Can't even tell I am pregnant... The bump only shows up when it wants to at this point! haha 

Now, I have to brag on my sweet husband a little. Sorry if it's a little mushy... but he deserves some bragging! 
Last night, I was on Facebook and saw a picture of a pickle pop. I said, "WOW, I haven't started craving pickles yet, but this pickle pop looks SO GOOD!" Nehemiah laughed at me... 
About 20 minutes later he brought me a cup of pickle juice he had stuck in the freezer for me. It was perfectly slushy! 
It's the little things that make me happy! He's so thoughtful! :) I love you, Nehemiah! Thank  you for taking care of me & Baby L!  

Comments

Popular Posts