Surpising our family & friends!

One of the reasons I was so embarrassed after finding out I was pregnant, was thinking about what everyone would think and say. I knew that our family and friend's would be happy for us, but would they share their opinion first, before sharing joy?? haha... I was being insecure. But why, I have no clue! I should have known our family and friend's would be ecstatic for us!

Our appointment to confirm my suspicions was on February 1st at 9:15. By the way, when you go for your first prenatal appointment, they have to take a lot of blood. A LOT. So what did I do?!? Passed out!! Poor Nehemiah!! I'm glad he was there!! I was glad to be done with that adventure! haha

As soon as we left the doctor's office we ran into my brother, Ben! We walked over to his truck and Nehemiah said, "Uncle Ben." It didn't phase Ben AT ALL, so  I said, "No really, you're going to be an uncle!" His head whipped around and he said, "You're pregnant?!?!?!?!?" He was SO excited! He's already bought the baby a pearl snap shirt! (We don't even know if it's a girl or boy, but it will be SO cute in it's pearl snap!!!) We know Baby "L" will love his Uncle Ben, and it's already clear that Uncle Ben loves Baby "L."

This is how we told everyone else! We handed them this gift bag and let them open it!



I called my mom to tell her that we were going to be coming over later. (She told me later, that as soon as we got off the phone she started crying... she already knew and no one had told her!) We gave her the gift bag and she just kept saying, "Courtney Nicole!" She is so excited!! She is going to be, "Minnie!" Of course her & Baby "L" will have a sweet relationship! 

Next, was Janet & Brian. We stopped by their house as they were leaving for the lake. When we walked in they said, "Y'all engaged? Y'all married? Y'all having kids?" We just smiled and laughed! They opened the bag, and Janet said, "Oh my gosh, y'all are having kids!!!" She started crying immediately and I did too! That was the first time I had cried happy tears! Janet & Brian were so excited to be Aunt Jan & Uncle B! They are going to be a great aunt & uncle! And now they need to go ahead and have kids so they can all grow up together!!

We went to Dad & Julie's house next and Julie opened the bag and said, "ARE YOU!?" Then lots of happy screams & hugs! Immediately they decided they were "Gigi" and "Paw-Paw." They were so excited! Dad has already said he would have to buy a new boat to ride the baby in and he would have to buy it a power wheels 4-wheeler! Can we say spoiled?? Before we even know if it's a girl or boy!! haha Can't wait to spend time with Gigi & Paw-Paw and Baby "L!" So many memories to make!

We went over to Grammy & Paw-Paw's house and they were playing cards with Mrs. Ethel & Mr. Leland (their longtime best friends). We gave Grammy the bag and she said, "Courtney!" Then after a few moments she said, "I GET TO MAKE A BABY QUILT!" I'm pretty sure that made her whole year!! Baby "L" is so blessed to have Grammy& Paw-Paw as their great-grandparents. I'm sure Grammy will try to teach them to read and Paw-Paw will have them working on a project!! Baby "L" will be the first great-grandchild for Gram & Paw-Paw.

Our last stop for the night was Mr. John's & Mrs. Becky's house. They couldn't believe it when they opened the bag! They were both so happy and excited!! They immediately started sharing stories and memories from when Nehemiah & Janet were babies! They can't wait to be grand parents either!! 

The next morning, we went over to Uncle Bubba & Aunt Sandra's house to share the news with Nene! She was SOO excited!! She said she couldn't wait to have another baby in the family!! Baby "L" will be the second great-grandchild for Nene!!

Monday night we went over to Amber & Wesley's house to share the news with the  Taylor's! They were all so excited!!! Landri, Lynlee, Remy, Parker, Coy, Amber, Bull, & Wesley spent the next hour coming up with names for the baby! I think Louise Anna Loftin was my favorite!! haha There was a lot of love for Baby "L" in that house! I can't wait for he/she to meet all of her cousin's!! 

I texted Emilie (my BFFFFF who is 23 weeks pregnant right now with a precious baby girl that either Baby "L" will be BFF's with or marry!) and told her the news the Monday before my doctor's appointment! I had to tell someone and ask a million questions!!! This was the beginning of a very long conversation that will probably never end! 

I texted and called so many friends & family including Aunt Becky, Aunt Nelwyn, John & Tricia, Kaleigh, Jordan O, & MK!! I told all of my friends at school as well!! My students don't know yet, but in a few weeks it will be pretty obvious.  I'm sure I'm missing someone, but everyone was SOO excited!!! 

Baby "L" is already loved by so many people!! One spoiled little baby is on his/her way!!! We are so ready for September 2013!!!!! :)

Comments

  1. Love this post and I already love "Baby L" SOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!! :) I can't wait to know gender so I can spoil little Loftin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts