Ringin' in 2013!




Janet & I had been looking for an excuse to spend the day together and bake some delicious treats for our family. So when Janet suggested we do this on New Years Eve, I was ecstatic!!!


We had never cooked the traditional New Years food, but we took on the challenge with a smile!!! 


After a quick (and surprisingly not that chaotic) trip to Wal-Mart, we got busy cooking in the ole 416 kitchen! Just a little side note about my awesome sister-in-law... I always wanted a sister when I was growing up. Of course I have been blessed with some amazing friends in my life. But there's something special about family. I'm so thankful for Janet and our relationship. I always have a blast with her and we just can't help thinking about our bright future with some sweet little babies! I can't wait to see where our lives take us and know that we will always have each other to lean on. Girl talk really is a blessing. Thanks for being so awesome, Janet! I love you! :)

Our menu consisted of: cabbage, black eyed peas, cabbage casserole, cornbread, s'mores cupcakes, and eggnog sugar cookies. Mr. John & Mrs. Becky brought the honey ham! 


We were both delightfully surprised that EVERYTHING turned out delicious and we still had a little time to spare!!! Everyone bragged on the food! We were proud of ourselves!!!!



 After we ate dinner we started watching the LSU game! No one was really excited about seeing the Tigers get beat... so we went ahead and popped fireworks!! Nehemiah did a GREAT job!!! The fireworks went over our head and they were seriously gorgeous!! We were all blown away!!! Good job Nehemiah!!! :) 









After the fireworks we headed back inside and popped some champagne and started playing UNO & Phase 10!! We had so much fun!! We were definitely reminiscing with some 90's music!! Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera, Destiny's Child... haha.. ok, maybe Janet & I were the only one's enjoying those artist's. haha




 Nehemiah was having a little too much fun with the champagne corks. Haha... He was acting like a goat in this picture... I was dying!! lol

 Nehemiah & I on our first New Year's Eve! I love this man more than I can explain. Our New Year's resolution is to read the entire bible together this year. So far so good! Who knew there was so much to learn in the book of Genesis?  I love learning with him. We are using the Ownit365 reading plan on the YouVersion Bible App on our phones. We are following the plan, but reading it from our actual bibles. I'm a sucker for a book in my hand. But so thankful for easy access to the bible on our phones!!


 We hope everyone had a fantastic 2013! We can't even imagine the happiness that 2013 could bring when we think back on our EXTREME happiness of 2012!!

Happy New Year!

C+N

Comments

Popular Posts