Five Christmases... Literally.

Our first Christmas was very similar to the movie, Four Christmases. Minus the foul language & cage fighters. haha... If you have seen this movie you know what I mean. And you also know that Vince Vaughn & Reese Witherspoon travel all over the world on Christmas day to visit all of their families. We definitely know the feeling, but we loved every second of it!

ONE- Nehemiah and I started a few days before Christmas and spent the evening with Remy, Landri, Uncle Dusty & my Mom. We went out to eat and then back to Mom's house to open gifts. We had a great evening! If you know that crew, then you know they are HILARIOUS. 

Nehemiah & Landri stuck bows and wrapping paper on him. He said he was my Christmas present. lol

 
Landri the present! She's so cute!


TWO- On Christmas Eve we went over to Dad & Julie's house for the Smith Christmas! We ate Paw-Paw's delicious gumbo, some amazing desserts, played a fun game of washer's, then opened our Christmas presents. 
I always enjoy our Smith Christmas every year!! This was our first year not to have a treasure hunt. It was a little bittersweet. Bitter- obviously because we didn't do it. Sweet- because we're growing up and I can't wait to pass on the tradition with my children, nieces, and nephews. 
We definitely missed some important people though!! Rod, Ray, Uncle Roger, & Meredith! Hopefully we'll all be together next year! We missed y'all!! Love y'all! 
Cousins! Love them SO much!









With my new scarf from Julie!


THREE- After lunch, we headed over to Mom's house for Christmas at her house! We had shrimp stew & cupcakes! Remy, Landri, Bull, Cody, Ben, & Mom were there and we had a fun time together! We opened presents and spent time together. Again... y'all know they are HILARIOUS. It was great to see my cousin Cody!!! He's so hairy! haha Love him though!
 Of course, I didn't take one pic. lol... 

THREE AND A HALF- On Christmas Eve night... John, Tricia, Katy, Aunt Becky, Ben, & Crystal all came over to our house and we played Balderdash!!! It was SO fun!!!! John, Tricia, & Katy had never been to our house before so we gave them a tour and of course played with some precious baby goats!! We had one born on Christmas Eve! Straight from Santa! haha
Aunt Becky stole some pecans & lemons! haha She was a happy camper! 
We LOVED having everyone over!!!!! Y'all come back now! We love y'all!!! And we had a blast!

FOUR- Nehemiah & I started a tradition this year.... We both bought each other new pajamas. We opened them on Christmas Eve! I was SO excited about this! When we opened our pajamas that we gave each other... we realized that they were THE SAME. I got Nehemiah a pair of plaid LSU pajama pants & Nehemiah got me the same pair... I mean the SAME BRAND and everything!! So cool!!! I definitely LOVED this tradition and I can't wait for next year!! 

On Christmas morning we opened our presents from each other! It was so fun! I love Nehemiah so much! He's so sweet & thoughful! 
This pic is so not attractive. haha... Please excuse the closed eyes, white & makeup less skin! haha... it was kind of early... but we're both wearing our pajamas... you can't see Nehemiah's very well though. 
 After we opened presents, Nehemiah installed a new outlet for our kitchen! So now we have a little coffee nook! I've told Nehemiah a million times but I am SO thankful for a handy husband. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't so handy! I would go insane, because I always have a project brewing in my head!  
I LOVE having our coffee pot here & our adorable dry erase easel from my sweet cousin Jill & family!!!

 
FIVE- On Christmas Day we went over to Mr. John's & Mrs. Becky's for dinner with Janet & Brian! We had fried fish, crab cakes, french fries... and so much more! We hung out, played Clue, & Balderdash!! We had a great time!! Brian beat us all in Clue & Nehemiah beat us in Balderdash! Fun night!! 

Mr. John's delicious homemade wine!

Our first Christmas!!

 
We are very blessed to have so much family AND all in the same town! WOW! We LOVE our families so much and cherish EVERY SINGLE SECOND with them. Of course Christmas memories are some of my favorites!


MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

C+N

Comments

Popular Posts